- Even the most discerning lunch-time diner will give a hoot about this tasty and fun sammie. Prepared in five minutes or less, with ingredients you likely have on hand, this Owl-riffic sammie is sure to please.
- 2 slices of Bread
- SunButter (or nut butter)
- 2 cookies
- Thinly sliced carrot
- 2 mini marshmallows
- Icing Writer Pen
- Fill your sammie with desired ingredients (we used SunButter and Jelly)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the crusts off the bottom, and two sides of your bread.
- On the top, unsliced side of your bread, cut a concave arch to form the top of the owl's head.
- Using the end piece of a loaf of bread, cut out two small oval shaped pieces that will act as the owls wings.
- Cut two slices of carrot that will act as the owl's feet. Out of the two slices, cut two small triangles off the front to make "toes". Reserve one of the small triangles that have been cut out to act as the owl's beak.
- Place you owl sammie body on a plate, place your two wings aprox. half way down the front of the owl.
- Place two cookies, flat side up, on the front of the owl for eyes.
- Place two mini marshmallows on top of cookies to act as pupils making small dots in the center with the icing writer pen.
- Take small carrot triangle beak and place it under the cookie eyes.
- Place carrot feet at the bottom of owl.
- Voila! Tasty sammie is ready to eat!