- This Pecan Toast Casserole recipe makes for an easy treat that is both tasty and satisfying.
- 1 loaf french bread bagette cut or ripped into 1" slices
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/2 C half & half
- 6 eggs
- 1 teas. vanilla
- 1/8 teas. each nutmeg & cinnamon
- 1 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter softened
- 2 T corn syrup
- 1 C coarsely chopped pecans
- Generously butter baking dish (13 x 9) Fill dish with bread slices so dish is covered & filled to the top
- Mix together milk, half & half, eggs and seasonings. Pour over bread. Refrigerate covered, over night.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix topping. Dollop evenly over bread slices. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden. (about 45 minutes to 1 hour)
- This is a WONDERFUL recipe that is made the night before your brunch, shower or event. It is always a hit!