- A mouthwatering Penne A La Vodka recipe that you and your family can enjoy!
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon each basil,( I prefer fresh), oregano, black pepper
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and brown, medium heat. Pour in vodka cook for 10 minutes. Mix in crushed tomatoes, add spices cook for 30 minutes. Pour in cream, cook for 30 minutes.
- You can use Italian sausage or pancetta bacon for added flavor.
- If you don't like it to be to creamy, use half and half.