- I’m not the pizza maker in our family. I make the dough and come up with topping ideas, but Alan is the one who tosses and slides the pizza dough off of the pizza peel. If I do it, we use the word “rustic” in regards to its appearance! What I can do is whip up these tasty morsels and have the whole house smell like pizza. My husband and daughter can come in and out of the kitchen and pop one in their mouths. They are really the perfect little snack and I feel good about conquering something in the pizza world!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 24 cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, and pepperoni and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve the puffs with marinara sauce for dipping.