- If you're looking for a cake recipe, try Janet R.'s Pineapple Upside Cake.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 cans sliced pineapple in juice
- 1 jar maraschino cherries no stems
- 1 bag light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- Melt butter in microwave
- Pour into the bottom of the pan, and spread around until bottom is coated.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of the pan until heavily coated (I like the brown sugar to not be wet from the butter so I lay it on thick.)
- Drain the juice from pineapple set aside. Place rings of pinapple in pan as you wish. You can get 12 for maximum coverage.
- Drain cherries. Place one cherry in each ring, and spaces between rings, or where ever you wish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box using the juice instead of water.
- Pour over cherries and pineapple in the pan. Carefully spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!