- If you're looking for a cakes and cookies recipe, try Jennifer M.'s pumpkin oatmeal muffins.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins or walnuts or each
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup solid-pack canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; then stir in oats, brown sugar and raisins.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, oil, milk and pumpkin, blending well.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until just moist.
- Fill muffin tins with batter and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly touched.