- This granola is a favorite of family and blog readers alike. [It's] a classic granola infused with pumpkin and spice – great with yogurt and whipped cream.
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 6 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 c coconut flakes
- 1 c wheat germ (optional)
- 2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 c plain pumpkin meat
- 1 cup oil (canola or coconut)
- 1 c honey
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Grease two cookie trays and set aside.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour through pecans) in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide the mixture over the two cookie sheets. Spread the mixture in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 20 minutes for 60 to 80 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container. Freeze remaining amount in a freezer bag.