- These adorable and delicious raspberry meringues are suprisingly easy to make! Paired with a delicious lemon filling, these are perfect for summer!
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. meringue powder
- 1 tsp raspberry extract
- pink food coloring
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon extract
- 1 Lemon zested (optional)
- Combine egg whites, sugar, and meringue powder in a double boiler
- Whisk on low until sugar dissolves and liquid is foamy and hot to the touch
- Transfer to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the raspberry extract and pink food coloring and whisk to combine.
- Place the meringue in a large pastry bag fitted with a wilton 2D tip
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- (TIP: I place magnets in the corners to keep it flat. remove before baking)
- To pipe the rose, hold the bag vertical in the center point of the rose.
- Begin piping and move outward in a concentric movement holding the bag vertical.
- Release pressure on the bag and lift the tip to finish.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and cook for 1.5-2 hours.
- Leave the pans in the oven for another hour to cool.
- Serve immediately or place in an air tight container for up to a week.
- Whip Cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Add in lemon extract and zest and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fill meringues and serve immediately