- I love quiche for its ease and versatility, and this one is a fantastic way to use up the asparagus that is in abundance come spring.
- 1 pie crust of your choice
- 1/2 c. red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 c. chevre, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- dash nutmeg
- First off, if you prefer to make your own crust, knock yourself out. Me, I cheat (gasp!). It’s not that I can’t make one; I know how easy it is. But Natural Grocers has great frozen, organic spelt pie crusts that I adore and it saves me that much more time.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Poke 10-15 holes in your crust with a fork and bake for 7 minutes. This will prevent your crust from getting soggy once you assemble the quiche.
- Remove and turn oven up to 375.
- While crust is pre-cooking, chop your veggies.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl and stir in milk, oregano and nutmeg.
- Place chopped vegetables in pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies, and drop in the cubed chevre piece-by-piece.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.