- Check out this tasty Rice And Black Beans With Corn recipe.
- 4 cups of stock (I used stock I made boiling chicken thighs and onions)
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed OR you could use a bag of black beans
- Adobo, to taste
- 2 tsp of Chili powder
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 2 cups of long grain rice (not instant rice)
- one bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 a can of coconut water (can be found in the ethnic food section at your grocery store)
- bring stock to a boil
- add beans, and allow to cook for 30 mins on medium heat
- add your seasonings (salsa, Adobo, and Chili Powder), allow to simmer for 10 mins
- add your bag of frozen corn along with the coconut water
- simmer for an additional 25 mins. on medium heat
- Enjoy! Usually makes about 6-8 servings depends on how you use it (side dish or main dish)
- I have some in a big freezer bag right now. I plan to use it to make a "veggie" quesadilla (sp).
- I served it alongside some enchilada-esque casserole I made with a little extra cheese on top.