Sabzi Polo ba Mahi is a very famous and delicious Iranian Dish includes rice with greens that is typically served with Mahi (fish). Obviously everyone uses different types of fish, and depending on where you live you probably don’t have all the types of fish you would like to have.
1. Clean and wash 3 cups of rice 5 times in water.
2. Clean and wash chives or scallions, parsley, dill and coriander, pat dry and chop.
3. Bring 8 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil in large non stick pot. or the washed and drained rice into the bot. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring gently to loosen any grains that may have stuck to the bottom. Drain rice in a colander and rinse with the water.
4. In the same pot, heat half the butter and drop of dissolved saffron.
5. Place 2 spatulas full of rice in the pot, then add 1 spatula full of herbs, the garlic cloves and leeks. Repeat these steps, arranging rice in the shape of a pyramid, and sprinkle the cinnamon over it. Pour the remaining butter half the saffron and 2 tablespoons hot water over this pyramid.
6. Place a clean dishtowel or paper towel over the pot and cover firmly with a lid to prevent steam from escaping.
7. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat and 50 minutes over low heat.
8. Remove rice from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes on a damp surface without opening lid.
9. Remove 2 tablespoons of saffron-flavored rice and set aside for garnishing. Place rice in a oval serving platter without disturbing the crust. Mount the rice in a shape of cone. Garnish with the saffron flavored rice.