- If you're looking for a hearty salad recipe, try Karina S's "Prosciutto Feta Salad".
- Marinated feta cheese (marinated in oil with herbs in a jar)
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp fresh oregano and thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Half cup olive oil
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 3 ripe pears cored and sliced thinly
- Half cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Combine garlic, fresh herbs, lemon rind and the oil in a bowl with the feta cheese and marinate it for at least 1 hour.
- In a skillet, heat a little oil and fry all the prosciutto until crisp (in batches) and chop coarsely. Place on a plate lined with kitchen towel.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same skillet and fry the pear slices until golden (in batches) and then fry walnuts until toasted.
- Grab a couple bags of you favorite salad leaves and toss the leaves with all the above ingredients (reserve the oil from the feta and use it for the dressing).
- To make the dressing, use the reserved oil and mix with the vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients and add with dressing (which is 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp EVOO).