- Parsnips, mushrooms and onions sauteed until tender in chicken broth and sweet white wine and flavored with thyme and parsley. A perfect Fall/Winter sidedish.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance or butter
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into slices
- 6 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine (i.e. reisling) *optional
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 1. In a saute pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and melt butter. Add parsnips, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Cook approximately 10 minutes or until mushrooms and onions are tender. Add more oil if needed to prevent burning as parsnips will absorb liquid.
- 2. Add chicken broth to pan. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer about 20 minutes over low heat. Add wine, thyme and parsley. Let simmer about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and parsnips are tender. Season with salt & pepper.