- This is truly a Hip, Simple, Fabulous™ recipe as it’s packed with flavor, uses protein-rich quinoa and cooks up in minutes. Whether you’re searching for a quick and fun Fall meal, creative sides for Thanksgiving or a flavorful vegetarian dish to wow your gathering friends – Savory Quinoa Pumpkin Cakes are a fast favorite.
- I’m enjoying a glimpse of Fall weather in NYC this week – leaves turning, squirrels gathering and a crisp tang in the air! How do you know when Fall has begun in your neighborhood? Find this and more recipes at www.cleashannon.com/blog
- May your Fall season be filled with blessings and many reasons to celebrate!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook in high quality vegetable broth)
- 1 cup roasted, seasoned pumpkin, pureed (fresh or canned)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup carrot, minced
- ¼ cup celery, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon + ½ tablespoon olive oil (or sub unflavored coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped (or sub dry rubbed)
- ½ teaspoon rosemary (fresh or dry)
- ½ teaspoon thyme (fresh or dry)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
4.5 (Rated by 2 moms)
|PREP TIME||30 Min||READY IN||1 Hr|
|COOK TIME||30 Min||SERVINGS||18|
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine quinoa, pumpkin and eggs. Thoroughly mix.
- Toss ½ tablespoon oil, onion, carrots, celery and spices into pan over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow vegetables to sweat 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium. Cook until onions are lightly browned.
- Remove vegetables and spices from heat and slowly stir into quinoa mixture until well mixed.
- Lightly oil a pan over medium high heat.
- Place rounded tablespoons of mixture onto pan and allow to cook 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and firm and cooked through the center.
- Serve warm over greens or with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
- © Copyright Clea Shannon 2009-2012
- Eat Inspired Today™ LLC
- Original recipe: http://www.cleashannon.com/2012/10/21/savory-pumpkin-quinoa-cakes/