- If you're looking for a seafood soup recipe, try Jamillah C's "Seafood Gumbo".
- 2 tbspns oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 8 oz (250g) okra, sliced
- 14 oz (400g) canned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tspn allspice
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1lb (500g) peeled prawns - large
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the peppers and okra and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, all spice and cayenne pepper and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the gumbo is thickened.
- Add the prawns - heat through and serve with boiled rice.