- This Shrimp & Asparagus Quinoa with Goat Cheese recipe makes for an easy treat that is both tasty and satisfying.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh, uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smart Balance spread
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Let cook until broth is absorbed about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss trimmed asparagus with olive and oil and kosher salt & pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and top with Parmesan cheese.
- In a large saute pan, melt Smart Balance spread. Add minced garlic, shrimp, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Saute until shrimp are pink. Add wine and let simmer about 2-3 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into pieces. Add shrimp, asparagus, thyme and shrimp mixture to quinoa and top with crumbled goat cheese.