- Tender shrimp mingles with carrot and peas in this quick and easy Fried Rice. Perfect for a weeknight meal!
- 2 C water
- 1 C chicken stock
- 1/12 C long grain rice
- 3 Tbs canola oil
- 1 pkg 31- 35 count shrimp, cut in half
- 1 medium leek (white and light green parts only)
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 C frozen peas
- 3 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- Bring the water and chicken stock to a boil. Add in rice and a pinch of salt, stir once and cover. Cook over lowest heat setting, for 15-20 minutes; until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, slice the leek in half length wise and finely chop each half. Place leeks in a large bowl of water and swish them around, to loosen any dirt. Carefully scoop leeks out onto a clean kitchen towel, to drain.
- Preheat oil in a large non stick skillet, over med-high heat. Add in leeks and cook until they begin to soften. Add carrots and continue cooking, stirring often, until carrots begin to soften slightly. Add soy sauce, 1/4 C water and peas; cook until carrots are tender crisp. Add in cooked rice and shrimp; stirring to coat with soy sauce. Continue cooking for 5 minutes; until shrimp is pink and opaque.