- This slow-cooked sticky chicken was a hit with [the] kids!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (divided)
- 2 T. minced ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- 3 lbs. chicken (whatever parts you like!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 2 T. soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours or until done (will be longer if chicken was frozen).
- When done, place chicken in a broiler proof dish.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, water, tomato paste and remaining soy sauce.
- Brush on chicken and cook under the broiler for about 5 mins or until chicken is slightly crisp (or sauce looks bubbly and thick, if using skinless chicken).