- Check out this tasty Spaghetti Squares recipe.
- 300 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb. lean (extra) ground beef
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (700 ml) pasta sauce (or can)
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- I also add extra veggies finely chopped…like carrots, onions, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms….whatever you have on hand.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add peppers and other veggies. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with parmesan cheese, butter and eggs. Place in greased 13x9 inch pan; top with layers of cottage cheese, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins. Or until heated through.
- Makes 6 servings or more!