- If you're looking for a healthy appetizer recipe, try Tina O.'s Spinach Pesto.
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Lightly pulse.
- With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy.
- Add salt and pulse.
- Put half of the pesto into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use.
- Transfer the rest of the spinach mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.