- With it being strawberry season, there are plenty to come by in my house, the problem is they go bad so quickly. No matter what secret trick I try or someone’s tried and true method, they mold very quickly. This makes me so sad. I’m talking a fair amount of pouting going on. One of my favorite ways to eat strawberries has always been simply cut up and tossed with sugar and served with whipped cream. That is until I found this little gem. By adding some sweet Meyer lemon juice, this really brings your simple dessert up a notch without doing anymore work. While you do taste the Meyer lemon, what it really does is bring out the fresh, wonderful flavor of the strawberries.
- 4 cups quartered small strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Place strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a large glass bowl. Toss to coat, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place cream in a cold, medium bowl and whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Serve whipped cream with strawberries.
Review This Recipe
Pam Bender - commented on Jun. 28, 2013
Hi Maeghan! If you wash your berries (any kind) in cold water with a bit of vinegar this will kill the mold spores. I have a bunch of strawberries in my fridge that I bought two weeks ago ( great sale) and they are still good. :)
maeghan lovejoy - commented on Aug. 7, 2013
That's great to know Pam! Thank you!
Mari Corona - commented on Aug. 13, 2013
Loved this!! Quick, easy and yummy. Thanks Maeghan