- If you're looking for a classic pie recipe, try Laura K.'s "Strawberry Rhubarb Pie".
- 1 package roll out crust
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 c. chopped rhubarb (cut into 1/2 inc. pieces)
- 1 c. crushed strawberries (or 2 cups not crushed)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Milk, sugar and cinnamon mixture
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with one roll of the pie crust.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add rhubarb and strawberries. Toss to coat.
- Pile into pan, dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry, cut into 3/4 inch lines and make a lattice top, crimping edges.
- Brush pastry with milk, sugar and cinnamon mixture (to taste). Add slices of butter to crust, Bake in oven preheated to 425 *F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 *F.
- Bake about 40 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is brown.