- Try out this delicious String Casserole recipe submitted by moms, for moms.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8-10 slices American cheese
- 1 large can tomato juice (46 oz)
- 1 package fine egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown 1 lb ground beef. Add a few slices of American cheese to "cheese-up" the beef a bit.
- Separately, boil one bag of fine egg noodles for 5 minutes.
- In 13x9 casserole, mix together cheesy-beef, egg noodles, and 1/2 to 3/4 of a large can (46 oz) tomato juice until nice & juicy. Cook in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take about 4 slices american cheese, fold each in half so you now have 8 half slices cheese, and layer on top of casserole. Cook for additional 5 min until cheese is melted.
- This is so easy, yummy, and is an old family favorite.