- A simple, delicious, and appealing pasta dish. This will become your go-to whether you are serving it on a weeknight or when guests join you for dinner. This is a dish that will wow your guests, yet still be comforting.
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg of Jumbo Pasta Shells, about 35
- 1 15oz container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil, onion, and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until meat browns. Remove and let cool.
- Brush 1 tsp of olive oil over large baking sheet. Cook shells, 4 to 6 minutes, still firm to the bite. Transfer to oiled baking sheet.
- Combine ricotta, 1.5 to 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste and mix. Stir cooled meat into cheese mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Brush remaining 2 tsp of oil on a 13 by 9 by 2 inch glass baking dish. Spoon 1.5 cups of marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Fill shells with the cheese and beef mixture. Arrange stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared dish and spoon remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle remaining 1.5 cups of mozzarella, then remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over pasta. Dot dish with butter slices. Bake uncovered until sauce bubbles on side of dish, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.