This pasta salad is quick and easy to prepare. It's great as a side dish to take along to a BBQ and is always a huge hit! With some grilled chicken, this salad is a great light option for a summer meal.
1 pound Tri-Color Rotini
1 large Green Bell Pepper diced
1 large Red Bell Pepper diced
1 small Red Onion diced
1 cup Italian Dressing
1 pound Cubed Cheese (I prefer Colby or Colby Jack)
1/2 cup chopped olives (which ever color you prefer)
1. Start by boiling your pasta according to the box directions in salted water. Back when Carlo from Cake Boss had a cooking show, he said the water should be salty like the Jersey Shore.
2. Toss all of your diced vegetables into a large bowl and pour the dressing over it. Mix well to ensure that all of the vegetables are coated. I use the time while the pasta is boiling to dice the vegetables.
3. After the vegetables have been coated, toss in the cheese and olives and mix well. You can also toss in the pepperoni at this point if you're including it.
4. Add salt & pepper to taste. You shouldn't need a lot.
5. After pasta has cooked and cooled, mix it in with the vegetables. Make sure it's cool so that you don't melt the cheese. You can rinse in cold water to significantly speed up the cooling process.
6. Serve or refrigerate until time to serve. This is one of those dishes that is even better the next day after the dressing has had time to really soak in.