- Every year we are luck enough to get a TON of cherries from our friends' ranch. Our cherry sorbet is so simple, delicious and you will not believe how pretty it is.
- 2 pounds of pitted, halved cherries
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan,
- heat the cherries, water, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat,
- stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand until room temperature.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Chill thoroughly in refrigerator.
- Mix in freezer bowl of an Ice Cream Maker
- for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place in air tight container and keep in freezer until ready to serve.