- BEWARE!!!! These are soo easy!! My son loves to bake and he made these one day and the next and the next. They are super addictive!!
- 2 C Flour (whole wheat, white wheat, barley or whatever you have)
- 1 t Salt
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 4 T Vegan Butter
- 3/4 C Almond Milk
- For Sprinkling:
- 2 t melted Vegan Butter
- 3/4 C Sugar (he used Palm Sugar)
- 1 T Cinnamon
- For Frosting:
- 1/4 C powder sugar
- 1T + milk or water
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter, then using your fingers massage the butter into the flour mixture.
- Pour the Milk into the flour/butter mixture until the dough gets thick and soft.Work the dough with your hands if necessary.
- Ball up the dough and set it out on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a long rectangular shape.
- Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Then just roll it up and cut into rolls. I suggest cutting in the middle and working your way out.
- Place the rolls in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown and puffy. Top with frosting
- For Frosting - Add sugar to a bowl, and add just a bit of milk, stir up and add more as needed. If you add too much liquid, you will need to add more sugar. Stir until you get the desired consistency and pour over yummy cooked, but cooled a bit, cinnamon rolls.
- ENJOY!!, but remember, I warned you. ;)