- Boring chicken...nope, it doesn't "fly" well with me! Never did it and never will. I won't do it...let alone cook it. Now you don't need much to make it taste great, basically just the proper cooking technique to ensure you captivate every drop of juice the chicken has to offer. Today I decided to whip out the cast-iron skillet and crisp up the skin followed by baking it off until just perfectly cooked. Now, if you don't have cast iron skillet, any oven proof frying pan will do, however the cast iron is definitely worth the investment. It creates a deep richness that was just meant for this "Three Spiced Skillet Chicken!" Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive 0il, good quality
- 4 chicken thighs; skin left in tact
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cloves whole garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut into wedges
- Kosher Salt
- ground pepper
- 1.)Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with olive oil until sizzling hot.
- 2.) Plate the chicken and sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper & three spices.
- 3.) Position the chicken in the pan skin side down along with onions and garlic.
- 4.) Cook until chicken skin starts to get crispy. (About 2 minutes) Clip chicken with a spatula and reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes more.
- 5.) Transfer to the oven and Bake for another 12-15 minutes until skin looks golden and crisp with juices running clear. (Save juices in pan and drizzle over chicken)
Review This Recipe
Paula Magee - commented on Feb. 16, 2014
This was really good. I added sausages that I had already baked when it went into the oven. Delicious. I also used thighs and legs since my kids like legs. Very good.