- If you're looking for a great dinner recipe. Try Ashley's Tilapia With Buttery Crumb Topping.
- 4 to 6 tilapia fillets, about 1 1/2 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the butter with remaining seasonings and toss with the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the tilapia fillets.
- Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the topping. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.