- If you're looking for a soup recipe, try Danielle D.'s Tomato Basil Soup.
- 1 Lg. can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 - 16 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 14 leaves fresh basil (or 2 tbls. of crushed basil)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place crushed tomatoes and sauce in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- If you want a smooth soup, puree the tomato mixture along with basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot. If you don't mind chunks of tomatoes just add the basil to the tomato sauce.
- Place the pot back over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
- I then taste it and add more whipping cream as needed. If the tomatoes are still really acidic you can add a little sugar.