- This cornbread is the perfect accompaniment to any chili, stew, bean dish. I love it as a side with some sauteed collard (or any dark leafy) greens. It also is amazing for breakfast slathered with some Earth Balance or coconut butter or jam. And the pumpkin gives it a fabulous fall flair and an extra-moistness that goes far with cornbread in my opinion.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups coconut milk mixed with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
0 (Rated by 0 moms)
|PREP TIME||15 Min||READY IN||40 Min|
|COOK TIME||25 Min||SERVINGS||12|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9×9 or a muffin tin (I use a mini loaf pan cause I think it’s supercute) with parchment paper then coat with coconut oil.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the maple syrup, coconut milk mixture, flax, germ, pumpkin, and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Pour into pans and bake for 25 minutes.