- Here's a light and refreshing salad that celebrates the tastes of summer and is easy enough to make for a crowd.
- • ¾ pint tomatoes (I used a mix of red cherry tomatoes & yellow grape tomatoes)
- • Kernels from 1 ear of corn, raw
- • Roughly 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- • Roughly 1 teaspoon basil, finely chopped
- • Olive oil, to taste
- • Spice mixture of 1 part salt, 1 part ground black pepper and 2 parts garlic powder
- • Red pepper flakes, optional
- Slice tomatoes into halves or quarters depending on how large their size and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the corn, chives, basil, 2 pinches of the spice mixture, red pepper and oil.
- Mix gently, taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Let salad sit for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.