- A traditional Waldorf salad, established in the late 1800's out of New York's famous Waldorf-Astoria hotel, contains apples, raisins, mayonnaise and sometimes chicken. This vegan version is tangy, sweet and crunchy-definitely not lacking in flavor! Serve it stuffed inside a pita pocket, on top of a bed of greens or rolled up inside a large swiss chard or romaine leaf. It's perfect for a picnic, potluck or packable lunch since it requires no refrigeration!
- 1 C. halved red grapes
- 1/2 C. thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 C. diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 C. roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C. vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine grapes, celery, peppers and walnuts.
- 2. Whisk together mayo, agave nectar, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and pour over the grape mixture. Toss well to combine.