- If you're looking for a healthy pasta recipe, try Christie M.'s Veggie Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage.
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 box of rotini pasta
- Using a vegetable peeler and turning as you go, slice zucchini into ribbons.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté zucchini in 1 tablespoon of oil until it's soft and the edges are clear. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another pan, and add garlic. Sauté for a minute, and then add the tomatoes and oregano. Simmer for a few minutes, and then stir in the sausage.
- Spoon sauce over the zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan to taste.
- I put this over whole grain rotini pasta, and add garlic