- This was originally a cake (from Bisquick) but I made them into cupcakes. They are perfect in the morning with a cold glass of milk or in the evening with a cup of tea or rich coffee.
- 1 1/2 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk or water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- BROILED TOPPING:
- 1/2 c. flaked coconut
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour square large 12 cupcake pan.
- Mix or beat, by hand or mixer, all ingredients, except topping, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 c. of batter into each cupcake section.
- Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a bowl mix up your broiled topping ingredients
- Spoon topping on to each cupcake and stick under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool about 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Store left overs in air tight container.