- If you're looking for a delicious dip recipe, try Shelly D's "White Bean Hummus".
- 2 (14-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, if available
- In a food processor, puree the beans. Add lemon juice.
- Add a thin stream of olive oil until desired consistency, about 3 tablespoons, and process until smooth.
- Season, to taste, with salt.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve with your favorite vegetables.
- Optional: Sometimes I like to flavor the hummus with roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes or jalapeno peppers. Add when you puree the beans.