- Nutritional Facts 1 cup (calculated without jalapeno) equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein.
- White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until heated throughly.
- Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired.