- If you're looking for a slow cooker recipe, try Colleen C.'s Zesty Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 lg. clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 T. chili powder
- 1 c. tomatoes, canned or fresh, chopped
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney or pinto beans, drained
- 1 c. water
- Brown beef and onion; drain.
- Place al ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Note: this came from a crockpot recipe book. It's delicious and the house smells wonderful and warm.