- If you're looking for a spicy snack recipe, try Echo H's "Zesty Onion RIngs".
- 1 Cup sour Cream
- 1/4 t. hot pepper sauce
- 2 Large sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup corn flakes crumbs
- 1/2 t. salt 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaft parsley
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Combine sour cream and hot peeper sauce in a large bowl; blend well. Add onion rings; toss to coat thoroughly. Let stand 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 425 spread 1 tablespoon oil on each of 2 large rimmed banking sheets. Combine flour, cornmeal, corn flakes crumbs and salt in a shallow dish; mix well.
- Remove onion rings from sour cream mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl. Dredge rings in flour mixture. Place coated rings in a single layer on prepared pans. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake onion rings, turning once, until browned and tender, 20-25 mins.
- Combine ranch salad dressing, parsley and buttermilk in a small bowl; blend well. Serve with onion rings for dipping..