- These muffins will be gone in no time! With a healthy dose of zucchini that can't be detected by the pickiest toddler, everyone in your family will love these!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups grated zucchini, with moisture squeezed out
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin cups with baking liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg, egg white, vanilla, sugar, and honey until combined. On low, add the grated zucchini, oil, applesauce, and grated apple. Add the flour mixture until just combined. Then, fold in the diced apples and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffin tins to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin tin.
- Maybe be served warm or at room temperature. Can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days or the refrigerator for 1 week. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.