Poo-poo vs potty training.

Chrisna - posted on 04/20/2009 ( 3 moms have responded )

28

35

2

I started to potty train my girl on the 1st of April this year (she turned 2 years on 13/02/09). She does not have any pee-pee accidents, for the poo part (!) . . . well that's not going so good. She does not want to sit on the toilet when she have a poo, she will run to the toilet and sit on it for a few seconds and if it doesn't come out, she will get off the toilet. Which resulted on almost (90 %) of the time she will poo in her panty. The other 10 % of the time is just pure luck.

Is this normal? How long does it normaly take for children to get this right?

This conversation has been closed to further comments

3 Comments

View replies by

Karen - posted on 04/25/2009

5

24

1

I am having the exact same problem with my son who is nearly 3, I started potty training him jus after I moved house when he 2 half yrs as I didnt want to do it b4 and it be upsetting for him, I have tried everything to rewarding him with a treat when he does do a poo on toilet to ignoring him when he poos in his pants & he just doesn't seem bothered =[ People have said 2 me that it will one day just click n that he's just being lazy I really do hope so as I really dont know what else I can do, I do know my son is happy to sit on a potty but this is not practical as he's in nursery and as me & kids dad separated kids go with their dad 3 afternoons a wk so using a potty is not ideal but that seems to be what i'm son feel comfty with!!! After speaking to my child's nursery teacher I have found that he is not the only one in his class that has this problem so I feel abit better knowing I am not the only mum & I haven't failed!! Every child develops at different rates and it depends on the child, My daughter started to potty train at 22 mths only took a mth & had hardly any accidents! But u can never compare children as all are different & unique =]

Karen - posted on 04/25/2009

5

24

1

I am having the exact same problem with my son who is nearly 3, I started potty training him jus after I moved house when he 2 half yrs as I didnt want to do it b4 and it be upsetting for him, I have tried everything to rewarding him with a treat when he does do a poo on toilet to ignoring him when he poos in his pants & he just doesn't seem bothered =[ People have said 2 me that it will one day just click n that he's just being lazy I really do hope so as I really dont know what else I can do, I do know my son is happy to sit on a potty but this is not practical as he's in nursery and as me & kids dad separated kids go with their dad 3 afternoons a wk so using a potty is not ideal but that seems to be what i'm son feel comfty with!!! After speaking to my child's nursery teacher I have found that he is not the only one in his class that has this problem so I feel abit better knowing I am not the only mum & I haven't failed!! Every child develops at different rates and it depends on the child, My daughter started to potty train at 22 mths only took a mth & had hardly any accidents! But u can never compare children as all are different & unique =]

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms