Medical Support Orders

Melody - posted on 07/10/2010 ( 3 moms have responded )




I am a single mother of a 5 year old little girl, the last time her father laid eyes on her was fathers day 2009, after I went off on him. The last time he had her unsupervised was April 9, 2009, when he had her for 25 hours and she came home with 3 loose teeth. On June 24, 2009 we went to child support and he told them he could not afford to pay anything for my daughter because of his child support on other his children and presents the lady with a 40 hour a week pay stub. This would be fine had he not been telling me he could not see or call our daughter because he was working 16 hours a day and 7 days a week, and had used over 3000 minutes on our shared cell phone plan, which he paid his portion of about 50% of the time. After the hearing I told him to file for visitation if he wanted to see my daughter because I was not going to play his games or expose my daughter to his drinking issues anymore.

In the end child support ordered support and medical, but he refused to tell his insurance company that they need to talk to me concerning my daughter. Child Support will not help, they tell me to hire an atty and go to court. He secondary insurance will not pay until his pays and I am being threatened with collections. Any one with advice???

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS


View replies by

Denae - posted on 11/08/2010




I thought all states provide medical care for a child, whether they provide it for the mother or not. I would definately check into it.

Tammy - posted on 11/08/2010




You can do this yourself, go to the court house and file contempt charges on him those papers tell you how to do it. Just write stating what hes not doing turn it in and they have the judge look at it. But you need to make a copy for him and you well have to state that you either mailled it or had it delievered. They well make him give you a insurance card. If hes not paying child support they well go after him.

Carrie - posted on 07/14/2010




I know there is something called Judicare. It may be diffrent from state to state. But I would call the county and ask if there is a program that will pay for a lawyer for a single mother. At the very least you could call a lawyer and find out your rights when it comes to the child supposr issue. Maybe you wont have to go to court. And if your daughters father was court ordered to pay child support he will be penalized if he doesnt. Another option is to keep hounding child support agency. If the person you talk to refuses to help tell them you'd like to talk to their boss... Nobody wants to be in trouble. Eventually someone will help. Those are just some ideas. I have my sons father pays and he usually doesnt. Child support is always on his case. I hope Ive helped.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms