Darylann - posted on 05/19/2010 ( 5 moms have responded )
My 9 month old daughter will only drink from one specific sippy cup that she has been using since she was 5 months. I wash her cup out everytime I refill it for her. I mix just a little bit of apple juice with water (about 1/5) to keep her "regular". However, I have forgotten to rinse it out sometimes at night before I went to bed which leaves a slight fermented apple juice smell in the cup. When I wash her cup out I use antibacterial soap and the smell seems to go away mostly but I can still smell it a little. Does anyone know what to do to keep this from happening? My husband says to wash it in vinegar water and I have seen the commercials on TV to sanitize baby bottles and toys with bleach water (1cup per gallon of water). Just wondering. I don't want to throw her favorite sippy cup away....She won't drink from any other kind! Thanks!