[deleted account] ( 9 moms have responded )
I am an 18 yeard old mommy to a beautiful 1 year old daughter. My daughters father and I decided to go seperate ways when I was 2 months pregnant. I found out he had cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend. We dated a year and our daughter was planned. I lied to him about the baby not being his and when she was 3 months old I had told him the truth. He threatened me on many occasions and his family called my mother and I "sluts". It got really messy.
He asked to come see her the minute I told him and I agreed. I had my best friend come over to be a witness and he brought his friend. 2 months later he came to see her again with his other friend and I had my best friend there also. We agreed to visits 4 hours every Sunday. He lives 3 hours away from us. When a Sunday came around he didn't show up. I texted him over and over and finally responded and said " I can't make it, it's a hassle to drive 3 hours there and back for only 4 hours and my truck takes alot of gas". Couple months later we went to his city because my grandpa was in the hospital and had him call me to make plans. We decided to go to the zoo, he said he would pay out way in, and guess what, I paid for us to get in.
Last Friday we made plans to sleep over at his parents house for the weekend, it was all good. His mother suggests we get a dna test done the next day because I lied about him being her father and they all wanted to meet my daughter yet, they didn't think she was his when they look exactly alike and they don't see it. I felt pressured into it because his mother wanted to take her shopping after the test and deep down it was about time they started stepping up so I did it because I felt pressured into it. So now we will get the results at the end of Jan and once dna comes back I am worried that they will try something.
I am 18, I go to school for my GED and than University. I am funded through my school so all expenses are paid and I am half aborigional so my band helps me out also plus her child tax income. I've tried to make him apart of her life but he doesn't seem to take intrest in her until the dna test was done then he took intrest in her. I am being fair to him and his family on letting them see her. But I will not allow sleep overs when he can barely visit her and she cries everytime one of his family members holds her and screams "mommy". Should I file for full custody or what are your suggestions. I am just trying to protect me and my daughter. She is my world. Also I have saved all my bank statements, texts from him, conversations we had (not over e-mail, or text) face-to-face, trying to keep receipts on her basic care needs such as formula, clothes, food, diapers, wipes, ect. He does not help me out whats so ever.
Have any of you been in this situation? What was the outcome? What are your sugesstions on what should I do? Thank you moms!