has anyone had any problems with reoccurant staff infections

[deleted account] ( 3 moms have responded )

this is my daughters third staff infection. the first one put her in the hospital. this time she got two over night. my house is cleaned with bleach all the time. my niece use to get them when she was younger also. we have treated the whole family with the medicine in the nose and we have given the kids bathes in water with a half a cup of bleach water . i just hate seeing my baby suffer. any advice

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

3 Comments

View replies by

Brittany - posted on 07/19/2009

16

30

1

My daughter got Staph, and we found out that it was MRSA, so....you should definitely get that checked out as far as that goes.

Erin - posted on 07/19/2009

19

4

1

Did you ever try the antibiotic wash that comes in a teal bottle. Also when you were doing the antibiotic in the nose where you also putting it under the finger nails?

Danielle - posted on 07/19/2009

88

10

7

We've had some staff around too but not to the extend to send us to the hospital. It's a tough thing because not many things can kill it and it lives naturally on the skin most of the time. I got a antiseptic antibacterial spray for cuts and hand sanitizer is handy too. My pediatrician prescribed a cream for our staff on the skin because the oral stuff gives my son diarrhea. It is a hard thing, but not much can be done besides just dealing with it when it comes. Just make sure it isn't MRSA. That can be more serious.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms