Losing a twin during pregnancy.

Shulena - posted on 12/20/2009 ( 7 moms have responded )

56

9

1

I am 26wks pregnant with identical twin girls that had TTTS. I had the operation for the TTTS when I was 19wks pregnant, in which the Drs gave one of my twins the survival rate of 60% and the other 40%. I have been on bedrest since after the surgery and both babies were doing good and caught up to the exact same rate. So imagine my surprise that at my 23wk ultrasound, one of my girls did not have a heartbeat. I just wanted to reach out to any moms that might have gone through this experience and how you got through it.

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

7 Comments

View replies by

Shulena - posted on 01/02/2010

56

9

1

Haley~ I would love to talk to another mom that has gone through this experience. I am part of an support group of moms that have lost a child, but few with this exact experience. I would love to get the take of someone who has dealt with the same things I am dealing with. I have SO many emotions about the delivery day and how to handle family & friends when it comes to this issue. My email address is ankhqueen@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you.

Hayley - posted on 01/02/2010

12

0

0

im a mummy of twin boys one of which is an angel, my twins wer born at 32 weeks but at my 20 week scan i was told one had cdh (all his organs had grown in his chest because diaphragm didnt form at 8 weeks gestation) i was also at the end i had ttts even though my boys were frternal the placentas fused so jordan weighed 4lb 11 oz and nathan was 3lb 1 oz xxx message me if you wnat to chat always ehre for you xxx

Shulena - posted on 12/31/2009

56

9

1

Thank you ladies. I am trying to stay positive (but it sometimes gets hard) and rely on my faith. God bless you and your babies.

Shannon - posted on 12/30/2009

25

24

0

I am so sorry to hear this. My twins were born at 28 weeks, so to hear this breaks my heart for you. Stay strong and GOD will see you through. HE never gives us more than we can handle.

Lisa - posted on 12/20/2009

5

37

1

I am so sorry for your loss. So many TTTS babies don't make it. I hope your surviving baby continues to grow for you.

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms