39 weeks facing 2nd csection

Cindy - posted on 09/06/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )

29

0

6

Hi I'm 25 and having my second child this month. With my first I lost amniotic fluid around 36 weeks. I was induced around 3am and by 4pm I was only 4cm dialated but my son had not dropped. The on call physician hadn't even examined me when I had arrived the day before and right away said inwould have a c section. By 431pm my son was brought into this world and it was the worse experience of my life. I cried from frustration, fatigue and hatred for my body. I wasnt able to holf him right away and do skin to skin because I could barely lift my arms and was laying down. The recovery was horrible and my body didnt cope well. My son was 8lb 13oz measured 22 1/2inches. I didnt really get to enjoy him truly until around 2 weeks when my body was slowly recovering.

Like I said I am pregnant, just turned 39 weeks today! We are having a baby girl who I wish to deliver via vaginal birth. I told my new physician that I planned a vbac because I have a 2 1/2 year old and would be alone most of the day, plus I would like tk experience a real birth even if I know it wont be easy. She said we'd see how the pregnancy progressed. Now with my son I had gestational diabetes, though it was a very low spike and well controlled. It happened again this time, as it usually does and it is also controlled. I take my sugars religiously and write them down.

At first my doctor clung to my gestational diabetes for a reason to have a csection, but when she saw it controlled and the high risk doctor said I was fine, she let it go. Then she was making me write everything I ate, trying to say I was gaining too much weight. Ive gained around 25-30lbs at 39 weeks. She let that go too.

At 38 weeks my daughter was approx 7lbs which wr all know can be lower or higher. This is what shes clinging to now. I feel she never had the internation of allowing me to try a natural way. She told me last week she'd see if I was induced or had a csection this week. Never once has she checked for dilation or to see if my cervix was ready. When I went in this week she said to me "oh you dont qualify for a cbac sorry. Dont worry we'll schedule your c section for next week" as if that's supposed to make me feel happy or better.

My amniotic fluid is perfect. My babys weight and size are perfect. My weight gain is ok and my sugars are perfect. So what do I do when my doctor won't respect my wishes and has no real reason or explanation for her decision? Ive contemplated waiting until my water broke and my contractions were close before going to the hospital. Am I wronf in this?

I know my body is ready, my baby has dropped and its just a matter of time now before she's here.

MOST HELPFUL POSTS

Kim - posted on 09/06/2013

203

0

126

Seek a second opinion before it is too late. You don't have to stick with a doctor who doesn't respect your wishes or wants. My son was delivered in a different hospital by a doctor instead of the midwife I saw for 9 months because she got nasty around my due date.

2 Comments

View replies by

Cindy - posted on 09/06/2013

29

0

6

I was thinking of getting a second opinion but I wouldnt know how to go about it. Im 39 weeks today so would I have to go to the ER and complain about something and have them check me or should I call a random doctor and see if theyll give me a second opinion. Its just so frustrating because I liked her and I stayed but I feel like I can do this and she's twisting my arm. There is no medical emergency.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms