Connie - posted on 07/09/2015 ( no moms have responded yet )
For the last several days my six year old son has been acting like he is choking on certain foods. He used to be able to eat them no problem but just lately we can't get him to eat. It took him 2 hours to eat not even 1/2 a bowl of oatmeal when he used to be able to eat it no problem. He has a hard time with Peanut Butter and Honey which he used to eat 2 times a day but yet he can eat cupcakes with no problem. We keep telling him that if he doesn't eat we are going to have to take him to the hospital and they will stick a needle in and feed him through a tube, it scares him to the point that he will eat but super slow. Anyone had this problem and what do you do. A few weeks ago he choked on a piece of popcorn but didn't have a problem right after, this no eating/pretending he is choking has only been happening the last few days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!