advice

Lexus - posted on 03/27/2012 ( 28 moms have responded )

34

0

0

My babygirl almost 3 months old drank molded apple juice what can happen what should i do?.!

MOST HELPFUL POSTS

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

cool mist humidifier, no more juice, she needs plenty of rest and fluids, if she starts running a fever, I'd take her to the doctors.

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

Everything I'm finding says the child will be okay, if anything a little diarrhea, or vomiting. Since she didn't drink much, I'm gonna say she will be okay, especially if she doesn't seem sick. It was in a bottle and the mold chunks or strings cant go through the small hole in the nipple.

[deleted account]

Poison control does answer questions over the phone. That's what they are THERE for...... If they are telling you to take her in then get off the computer and do it.

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

Can you drive/walk her to the nearest hospital/clinic? I'm doing a little research and this happens to a lot of parents, just keep an eye on her. Sorry, there were so many posts on this one, I didn't read she didn't have a phone.

Mandy - posted on 03/27/2012

574

18

105

if you are that worried, go to a different doctor. i am sure she is fine though.

28 Comments

View replies by

Kate - posted on 07/14/2014

1

0

0

Why did your 3 month old have juice? I would watch her for a couple of days about the mold but please don't give a 3 month old juice! Babies should only be drinking breast milk or formula until 6 months of age. I would wait till at least 9 months to give juice at all.

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

Just keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't wheezing or having trouble breathing.

Mandy - posted on 03/27/2012

574

18

105

i agree. little ones do not need juice. just breastmilk or formula and maybe a little water if formula fed.



relax and let us know how she goes :)

Mandy - posted on 03/27/2012

574

18

105

Not to freak you out more, but do you have any idea how much mold we consume by eating and breathing? Stuff you can't see but is there?



Lots.



I'm not a doctor and certainly get her checked out if you feel it's necessary, but she's probably fine

[deleted account]

She can't call because she doesn't have a phone yet didn't say that when I said to call the doc... just said he wasn't in.



Seriously... go to a neighbor and use the phone or go to the hospital. Better safe than sorry.

Lexus - posted on 03/27/2012

34

0

0

okay i dont need anyone to judge okay i really didnt know that it went bad... okay... god... and they say she has to go in they wont answer questions over the phone

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

The difference is our immune systems are stronger than a baby's, I would call your local hospital and ask them what to do.

Lexus - posted on 03/27/2012

34

0

0

now and it had junks of mold it was a already made bottle that i sat out for 5 days i thought that it would be okay bec i drank juice left out and she drank 2 ounces it was hafe water and hafe juice but it was molded my b.f noticed the chucks and strings in it

[deleted account]

Poison control can answer your questions. I called them last summer when my son swallowed a penny (while he was at his dad's). They are very helpful and informative.

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

http://www.1-800-222-1222.info/FAQs/home...



is there an after hours nurse you could talk to?



A poison is any product or substance that can harm someone if it is used in the wrong way, by the wrong person, or in the wrong amount. Examples of possible poisons include some household products, chemicals at work or in the environment, drugs (prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, illegal or animal medicines), snake bites, spider bites, and scorpion stings.



I gave my daughter juice when she was that little, but not that much and I'm sure it wasn't moldy. Has she vomited? any fever? is she easily awakened?

[deleted account]

Is it about time that she would normally fall asleep?



You could call poison control. They should be able to tell you something useful.

Lexus - posted on 03/27/2012

34

0

0

she drank almost 2 ounces ?.! what should i do shes 2 months 2 days 2 days old?.!

[deleted account]

Don't give a 3 month old baby any juice or anything other than breast milk/formula. That won't help for THIS occasion, but will prevent any future worries.

Brittney - posted on 03/27/2012

1,510

49

728

She could get food poisoning, just vomiting, diarrhea. Not much you can do. take her to the doctor before the vomiting and diarrhea get too out of control. If nothing happens, she may be fine but to be on the safe side, I would still take her in.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms