JuLeah - posted on 09/27/2011 ( 10 moms have responded )
Ok, this is not a kid question, but it is a problem.
My cat is 6yrs old. I have not ever had an issue with her regarding the little box.
She is an indoor cat. She is in good health.
Several months ago a neighbor cat got in while we were moving furniture. My cat was locked in the bathroom at the time. The neighbor cat was just in for a second, but she did sniff the litter box.
Now, my cat will urinate in the box no problem, but 95% of the time, won’t defecate in the box.
I have changed the location of the box, sanitized the box, tried ‘cat attract litter’ and various other types of litter. I had the carpet steam cleaned too.
I bought a new box, two actually. I keep the box clean. I have confined her to a small area with just the litter box, but she still went on the floor.
I know she can, because about 5% of the time she does, it is the other 95% that is an issue for me.
I am hatin’ this. Yes, I have tried logic and reason, even grounded her and removed TV privileges.
I don’t believe in spanking; do please save that advice for another post.
Is there an animal expert out there, a behaviorist, a psychic who can hear cats? Help